Pillars of Eternity megathread

Discussion in 'General' started by Ebs, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Ebs

Ebs High Templar

Hey MysticalBro's,

Who's playing this amaaaaaaaaaazing game? Just made a paladin (Goldsomething Knight, gimme them coins yo) and I must say this game is a nice surprise. All the nostalgia you'd expect from the creator of Baldur's Gate with all the good stuff from new technology and improved interfaces etc.

Keep this thread clear of spoilers please!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Merketh

Merketh Guild Council Staff Member

People that have it in MA from my friendslist : Pilgrim, r0th, trappski, Vuthaejir, gilligan, RaK, Spiritraiser, Supatsunami and myself.

I wont start playing until next week since im away, so ill give my impressions then.

3. Ryatzu

Ryatzu High Templar

Yeah think ill have to buy this game after all (out of money because of Crowfall), has steam cloud and its also available on osx and linux.

4. Merketh

lot of discussion about the game on IRC @Ebs

5. neorapsta

neorapsta High Templar

i'm gonna jump on this bandwagon when i've finished a couple more games on my backlog

6. Keldin

Keldin Guild Member

I almost bought it, but I have too many distractions (read Minecraft) going on at the moment.

7. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Guild Council Staff Member

Bought it... and loving it... been spending hrs and hrs exploring to find more hidden areas, and restarting a few times.. lvl 5 ranger now...

for the party:
    lvl 4 barbarian
    lvl 5 priest
    lvl 5 chanter
    lvl 5 fighter
    lvl 5 wizard

• Like Like x 1
  8. Merketh

did anyone play with a Cipher yet? looks kinda interesting.

9. RaK

RaK Officer

Playing a Darcozzi Paladin, level 5 at the moment and am unlikely to have much more time the next 2 weeks to play it with work + holiday :/

Thinking about trying a tanky priest instead, as it's more spell based and could be more interesting. Pally feels a little too autoattacky. Cipher certainly looks interesting too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Guild Council Staff Member

My ranger is feeling pretty solid, my front line crumbles a bit to many times when my barbarian dies to soon, most HP, but feels like a paperweight and crumbles under pressure... My Fighter Ender is holding up well as a tank, my priest died alot right up till the moment I decided to give him a ranged weapon. Since then he survives a bit better.

I am considering to see if I can redo it all and then skip the pre-made chars and go with hired adventurers... if I do I am considering to run with the following grp...

Fighter - Tank
    Rogue - DPS
    Paladin - Off-tank
    Wizard - DPS
    Priest - Healer
    Chanter or Cipher, the songs of the chanter are pretty strong and work well, I haven't tried a Cipher yet...

11. Wixi

Wixi High Templar

Can confirm. Tanky priests are hella durable.

Currently running with the following (* is a character i created) -
    Fighter - Tank - Club + Boarding it. Can survive anything i come up against it seems
    Priest* - Healer - switch between flail + shield and range depending on the fight
    Ranger* - DPS - Armed with an Arbalest kicks out some pretty amazing damage
    Chanter - DPS/Support - Armed with a Aquebus does a lot of damage combined with chants
    Ranger - DPS - Armed with hunting bow fast low damage interrupts
    Paladin - Off Tank - Usually a great sword, new to the party

I am considering dropping the paladin for either a rogue or some other spell caster.

12. Estylon

Estylon High Templar

I'm maining a Cipher, looks pretty sweet.
    I really like the Powers mechanics the class has.

13. Merketh

what weapons?

14. Estylon

Estylon High Templar

Dual Wield, Rapier and Sword. Haven't tried honestly other kinds of setups.
    So far i'm having like 0 problems, most likely cause i'm playing at normal difficulty instead of Hard or Nightmare.